Indian Japamala are traditional prayer beads for mantra chanting. They are made of 108 beads in sandalwood, silver and gem stones like lapis, jade, carnelian, turquoise and tiger’s eye. Each of them is considered to have extraordinary therapeutic powers.
The word Mala literally means “flower garland” while japa means “repetition”.
For the Chakra Collection, each japamala stone reflects the corresponding chakra’s color:
- Carnelian - Svadhistana (orange - pelvis - emotions)
- Tiger’s eye - Manipura (yellow - solar plexus - strength)
- Jade - Anahata (green - heart - air - love)
- Tourqouise - Vishuddha (light blue - throat - expression)
- Lapis - Ajna (indigo - third eye - intuition)
- Amethyst - Sahasrara (violet/white - crown - enlightment)